Babs Music Consult is hosting a Free Online Public Lecture on Creative music teaching in the 21st century. The online lecture will be delivered by Babatunde Oluwaseyi Shosanya, a prominent musicologist and music educator. You can find out more about him here.
ABOUT CREATIVE MUSIC TEACHING IN THE 21ST CENTURY (FROM BABATUNDE SHOSANYA)
I am passionate about teaching and geared towards the building of this noble profession. I am an advocate for music education. I would like to speak up for the brilliant teachers transforming the teaching profession. It’s a privilege to be a member of this noble profession of esteemed teachers.
New technologies continue to emerge. As teachers, let us explore and learn creative music teaching methods to enable us to fit into 21st century teaching.
As a teacher;
- Your knowledge is a waste unless you reflect on the students you teach in your classroom.
- We should realize that whatever we teach students in the classroom must resonate to the students’ psyches and this becomes our history.
- Continuous learning is something we translate to our growth. The biggest instrument as a teacher is feedback.
- We should create a channel for feedback from colleagues and even our students. We should set aside our egos when it comes to learning.
- We should fix our thinking and create better classrooms in our mindset.
TOPIC OF THE LECTURE
The topic of the lecture is Creative Music Teaching in the 21st Century and the lecture will be delivered by Babatunde Shosanya himself.
DATE AND TIME
The Date is Saturday, September 4th , 2021. The time is 7pm – 9pm
Online Lecture Room on Zoom (Zoom ID: 779 3173 2334/Password: MUSIC) and WhatsApp (+234 803 266 4042). Kindly sign up for free. Chat Mr. Shosanya privately if you are interested
There will be a Question and Answer session.
This Public Lecture will really be a great boost to your general musicianship and improve your teaching skills.
Join Babatunde Shosanya for this lecture series on Creative Music Teaching in the 21st century.
Edikan Benson Abia (Fil Harmonix) is a performing recorder player and singer, producer, composer, video editor as well as a piano and recorder instructor. A graduate of the University of Port Harcourt with a B. Sc Biochemistry degree, he would later enroll into, and graduate from, the prestigious Tenstrings Music Institute. He has been a recorder player for more than 10 years now and has been composing since he was 15.