The Independent Corrupt Practices & Other Related Offences Commission (ICPC) of Nigeria has announced a music competition to mark her 20th anniversary celebration.
The ICPC Anti-Corruption Music Competition will reward the winner with the sum of N3 Million naira cash. As part of the celebration, ICPC will mark the anniversary with the music competition along side an Essay Competition and Integrity Awards to deserving youths.
Speaking about the competition, ICPC noted that the music competition is “an opportunity for the youths to creatively express themselves on anti-corruption issues in musical compositions and present to the public for an opportunity to win.”
Here is all you need to know about the ICPC Anti-Corruption Music Competition;
The competition begins on 6th July 2020. Entries must be submitted online on the ICPC website. The link to register is at the bottom of this post.
Deadline for the submission of entries is Sunday, 19th July, 2020, 23:59 West African Time (WAT). Late entries would not be entertained.
Each entry will be assessed by a panel of judges, who will shortlist until the best entries are carefully chosen.
Winners will be notified by email.
Eligibility for the Competition
Only Nigerian youths between the ages of 15 – 29 years are eligible to participate in the ICPC Anti-Corruption Music Competition,
Be informed that a government-issued identification is required to prove the age of participants.
Mode of Entry
The mode of entry outlined below is to be strictly adhered to in other to be selected.
- All contestants are to record themselves (or their group of not more than 8 persons) singing their composed song with or without accompaniment.
- Only one entry per person or group (and if a person is part of a group, a separate individual entry should not be submitted)
- A 30 – 60 second video of the recorded singing is to be uploaded to the ICPC 20thAnniversary website.
- Supported video formats: mov, mp4, m4v, webm, ogv, wmv, flv, avi
- Lyrics should also be uploaded.
- Selection would be done by a panel of music experts.
- All Contestants must follow ICPC on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram or YouTube.
- Winners will be notified by email.
All songs must be based on anti-corruption. They are equally expected to be original songs.
Criteria for Judging Entries
The following are important criterion to consider when submitting your entry;
- Content and relevance of lyrics
- Arrangement of lyrics
- Singing and presentation as a song.
- Plagiarism of videos or lyrics of other artists is strictly forbidden and will lead to disqualification.
- ICPC officers, immediate family of ICPC officers and the Judges are not eligible to apply.
- Professional artistes and musicians are also not eligible.
ALSO NOTE the following very important guideline;
1. All songs must be Original compositions and speak to Anti-corruption themes – integrity, good governance, good behaviour, a corruption-free society, etc.
2. Song Lyrics must also be submitted.
3. All songs and lyrics should be in English or Pidgin English or a combination of both.
4. Only one song per entry. Song should not be a cover, medley or compilation of songs.
Selection & Assessment Process
- Each entry will be randomly sent to any 2 judges from the panel of judges for evaluation. The average score of the two judges forms the entry’s score.
- Only 100 will be selected to go to the next level.
- The shortlisted entries now go the second stage which involve three judges. The 3 judges will score each of the entries. The average of their score becomes the new score of each entry at this stage.
- A final top 10 entries will emerge.
- The Top 10 will be placed on the Voting Platform for the public to vote.
- The winners (Top 5) will emerge based on the public votes.
PRIZES FOR ICPC MUSIC COMPETITION
- 1st Prize: Three Million Naira (₦3,000,000)
- 2nd Prize: Two Million Naira (₦2,000,000)
- 3rd Prize: One Million, Five Hundred Thousand Naira (₦1,500,000)
- 4th Prize: One Million Naira (₦1,000,000)
- 5th Prize: Five Hundred Thousand Naira (₦500,000)
HOW TO REGISTER FOR THE ICPC ANTI-CORRUPTION MUSIC COMPETITION
Interested youths who meet the above guidelines can register on the ICPC website. Go to the website and COMPLETE THE REGISTRATION FORM NOW.
We wish all contestants success.
I am Music Estate’s Music Director